Top five pumpkin-picking patches in Vancouver
VCMBC.com recommends the top five places to go pumpkin picking this Halloween.
What do these farms have in common that give them the honour of making the top five list? Well, besides the obvious (pumpkins anyone?), each is perfect for a fun family outing!
1. Aldor Acres – Farm animal displays, hayrides and u-pick pumpkins! Make sure to visit Peter The Great, Leonard the llama and the huge white oxen, Zorro and Zeldo.
2. The Pumpkin Patch at Richmond Country Farms - For the young and young at heart! Hay rides, a corn maze, farm animals and Polly Pumpkin, Strawberry Shortcake and Korny Corn.
3. Chilliwack Corn Maze - Great family fun including a kiddy bale maze, corn maze, corn (sand) box, pumpkin patch, animal viewing area and u-pick apples.
4. North Arm Farm- This 60 acre working organic farm in Pemberton offers horse drawn wagon rides out to their pumpkin patch.
5. Laity Pumpkin Patch - Choose from thousands of pumpkins and enjoy wonderful adventures in this Maple Ridge farm's wooded area. From hay rides and treasure to gnomes and fairies! Don't forget to visit the barnyard and make sure you don't get lost in the "cornfusing" trails of the corn maze!
And a bonus! (we couldn't pick just five):
Applebarn Pumpkin Farm - There's lots to do at the Applebarn. Visit the glass beehive, watch fresh cider being made, pick your own apples, pick your own pumpkins, play on the giant jumping pillow, take a hayride or ride the bin train and visit Bunnytown at the petting barn.
Once you've found your pumpkin, learn how to carve a perfect Jack-o-lantern with our Halloween how-to guide on pumpkin carving.
Check out Vancouver, Coast & Mountains website for more information about all that our wonderful city has to offer.