Skip to Content
feminista.v5 copy.png

Why isn't anyone talking about the misogyny involved in Amanda Todd's life and death?

Read More:

Photo sourced from R.I.P Amanda Todd Facebook page

With the death of 15-year-old Amanda Todd, BC schools have some reckoning on their hands. Will they take the opportunity to look at the systemic causes of Todd’s experience of harassment and violence, or let the lessons that can be learned from this tragedy get lost in a swamp of ambiguities?

While articles rolled in on mainstream news websites, conversation erupted on Facebook and in personal correspondence over email with women who are engaged in anti-violence and anti-oppression work across the country. In the spirit of our immediate reactions, I am quoting their comments in full.

“I wasn't sure if I should read the [Toronto Sun] article, but I started and I'm disgusted by the framing, at least in what I've read so far. I didn't like how the first part hints that the moral of the story is ‘girls, don't flash your breasts on a webcam,’ like it was her fault,” says Zoe Mallet, a human rights advocate and scholar in Ottawa.

“It made me want to take a topless photo and post it online with a statement of protest. Of course, I won't do this because I know most people wouldn't understand or get it, but the urge was there.”

Jarrah Hodge, member of the City of Vancouver’s Women’s Advisory Committee and founder of feminist blog Gender Focus says, “I found it odd how there seemed to be no specific attempt to address the gender aspects including the factors that led to ‘the mistakes’ she made and the way she was manipulated and slut-shamed. At one point yesterday after they took the video down from YouTube, it was still up at some other sites like ebaumsworld,[...]and it was horrible to see how a lot of folks who didn't know she'd committed suicide were on about how ‘emo’ the video was and how it was ‘whining’ from someone who ‘doesn't know how to give a good BJ.’”

Feminist scholar and writer, and former BC high school teacher Fazeela Jiwa posted: “Why isn't anyone talking about the sexism and misogyny involved in Amanda Todd's life and death? 'Bullying' is important, yes, but it is a vague term that glosses over the structural reasons for why it happens, like race/gender/class/ability. If we don't start talking about the specifics of power structures in high schools, every ‘bullying’ campaign will be a waste of time.”

(182) Comments

Give it a rest October 18th 2012 | 1:13 PM
ohpleasegimmeabreak wrote:

Somewhere in the 3rd world, there are kids dying because they can't get food to eat or shelter.. let alone afford a computer.

meanwhile somewhere in "canada" some middle class privelaged white girl was "bored" enough to flash her boobs online like a spoiled attention whore then kills herself because she didn't like the results.

The results were insanely disproportionate and inappropriate for what she actually did.

I'm curious, too - were you there when Amanda Todd flashed? It's just that you seem very sure that boredom was her motivation, and I don't get how you could possibly know that. This kind of thing happens for a lot of reasons, and boredom has little to do with, most of the time.

Give it a rest October 18th 2012 | 1:13 PM
thefactsandnuthinbutthefacts]</p><p>[quote=Anonir88484884 wrote:

The fact is Amanda made a mistake. A mistake she wouldn't take responsibility for. Did she ever apologize to her "bullies" for hurting them? Instead of crying about all the horrible things they were saying to her, why didn't she say "You're right. I acted like a slut and I'm sorry. I'm sorry I slept with your boyfriend. I did these things BECAUSE...." People are pretty forgiving when you can at least acknowledge that what you did was wrong.

Are they? Prove it. *Some* people are forgiving. Some people aren't. And, if they were so hurt, why weren't they ganging upon the boyfriend - you know, the one who had actually made some kind of commitment to the girlfriend, not the random girl who hadn't?

Quote:
While I see a victim in Amanda Todd, I only see it that way because the "bullies" went overboard. But her "bullies" didn't kill her. They were hurt by her actions and they covered that up with anger. This little girl took her own life because she couldn't handle the consequences of her actions. It doesn't make it any less tragic, but it does make her death her own fault. I would hope that if she couldn't accept responsibility for her actions, she could at least accept responsibility for her death.

Bullying *is* overboard. What Amanda Todd was subjected to was beyond vile, and it's not that uncommon when the pack smells blood.

Quote:
Too many feminists putting themselves in the shoes of Amanda but they fail to realize the "other" victim that they should put the shoes on for size.. the girl who was the gf of the boy that Amanda Todd slept with. She was a victim who got hurt because of Amanda's selfish decision and negligence/ignorance. Sure, the guy was guilty too, but theres enough blame to spread around so Amanda is equally as guilty as the boy.

Nope. Amanda shouldn't have had sex with the guy, but she's not equally guilty.The boyfriend is the one who cheated on his own girlfriend, whom he theoretically cares about. Instead of calling Amanda a slut, the girl should have appreciated the opportunity to find out that her boyfriend is a jerk. OTOH...how did she know about it? Did her boyfriend tell her? Did they set it up between them to make Amanda feel like crap (far-fetched? Maybe - but I've heard of stories just like it)?

Quote:
She consented to the sex. He didn't "rape her".. she slept with him on her own free will. Did she really expect that there would be no concequences for this slutty whorish behavior? get real!!!!

Slutty, whorish? Nice. I hope that applies to the boyfriend, too (probably not - somehow, those terms almost never get applied to guys, no matter how indiscriminate or damaging their sexual behaviour is - even when I was a teen, 30 years ago, the same behaviour that caused a girl to be labelled "slut, whore, bitch", etc. tended to earn "stud" for a guy. And...yeah - I think it's entirely possible that when a 15 year old girl had sex with a guy who said he liked her, she failed to anticipate being beat up.

Quote:
She killed herself because she chose not to face reality when shit hit the fan. She refused to accept responsibility and took the cowards way out with no apology to the people she victimized. And she hurt her family by killing herself. Didn't bother thinking to herself what kind of pain she would be inflicting to her family by commiting suicide. (also why i hate emo kids who do the same shit. COWARDS!)

You don't understand anything about depression, do you? It's entirely possible that she thought she was doing her family and friends a favour. I've been depressed - true clinical depression - and that's what it's like. At its peak, I thought my son would be better off if I slit my wrists...even though that would have left him with no mother, no breadwinner, and a father who was addicted to cocaine. It would have been hell for him, but I believed, right down to my core, that it would be the best thing I could do for him. Depression messes up your perceptions in a major way.

Quote:
No tears shed here. Shes no hero to me.

Hero? What would make her a hero? She's not a hero to me, either. But, that doesn't mean there are no tears. She was only 15, and had so much in front of her and now she's dead. I don't have to call her a hero to have compassion for her mental state, and for her family.

yougiveitarest October 18th 2012 | 3:15 PM

Quote:
When I was 15, if someone had slept with my boyfriend, I may have called her names, although probably mostly to my friends.

BULL!! You are playing up the roll without being in the actual situation.

Quote:
I wouldn't have punched her.

BULL!!. You are playing up the roll without being in the actual situation.

Quote:
I wouldn't have ganged up on her.

BULL!! You are playing up the roll without being in the actual situation.

Quote:
And, I would have kicked my boyfriend to the curb.

 

*groan* 8-|

GET REAL. nobody's buying this crap. Why don't you do like your name and "give it a rest".

She was groomed by a pedophile and you want to turn this into a sexism thing? the guy most likely wasn't aware of the sexism link, he was more interested in getting a 12 year old to show him more on a webcam, praying on the fact she had low self esteem, this then escalated into depression, ive been on the facebook pages, ive read the comments by those still bullying this poor girl, the ignorance is astounding. I think the biggest issue that needs to be addressed is why no one treated her for her manic depression? self harm, crying all the time, not wanting to go out, no self worth, crying out for help, failed suicide attempts, she should of been taken to a mental health clinic, where she would of been safe, where she would of had the treatment she needed to get better, grow stronger and become the woman she deserved. People focused too much on the bullying instead of her illness, they thought cure the bullying, cure her. they moved her 3 times to get her away from the bullying, and gave her counselling for it, no where have i read about the treatment of her depression apart from tablets, she needed more than that. and i think that is where the failings are, no one recognized just how serious it was with her, yet its all there in the video she made.
Give it a rest October 18th 2012 | 8:20 PM
yougiveitarest wrote:

Quote:
When I was 15, if someone had slept with my boyfriend, I may have called her names, although probably mostly to my friends.

BULL!! You are playing up the roll without being in the actual situation.

Quote:
I wouldn't have punched her.

BULL!!. You are playing up the roll without being in the actual situation.

Quote:
I wouldn't have ganged up on her.

BULL!! You are playing up the roll without being in the actual situation.

Quote:
And, I would have kicked my boyfriend to the curb.

*groan* 8-|

GET REAL. nobody's buying this crap. Why don't you do like your name and "give it a rest".

Translation: "I'd have done all these things, so I have to believe that other people would, too". When someone defends behaviour as vile as what Amanda Todd was subjected to, they're saying a lot about themselves.

 

I dealt with a lot of crap in my teens. I didn't have anyone cheat on me (my only serious boyfriend, who I met at 16, ended up being my first husband, and when we split up, it was 15 years later, over his drug issues, not another woman). But, I dealt with a lot of other betrayals, by both friends and boyfriends. I never once felt it necessary to gather up a gang of people and go beat someone up...not once. (And, no - I was no angel - I got into a few fights, but they were one on one, and in response to immediate insults/threats. When Amanda Todd got beaten up, it was neither.) I saw quite a few people deal with their boyfriend or girlfriend cheating, and I never once saw anyone gather up a gang of friends and go beat up the other girl/guy. This was a totally over the top reaction.

I've also been in a situation (as a teen) when a guy tried to get into my pants, including claiming that he'd broken up with his girlfriend, who was a friend of mine. He came close, because he and I had serious chemistry, but didn't get there. (I wanted to check his story out first.) He *did* get there with yet another friend, and his girlfriend dumped him on his butt. She never went after the girl. She didn't go after her boyfriend with a gang of friends, either. She dumped the jerk.

The reaction of this girl and her friends was completely inappropriate, disproportionate to the offense, and aimed at the wrong person. For all anyone knows to the contrary, the guy told Amanda that he and his girlfriend had broken up, or that he'd just found out she was cheating on *him*, or any of a number of other possible stories. But, even if he didn't, beating her up, and urging her to drink more bleach, is a vicious, vile overreaction to finding out one's boyfriend is a jerk.

thefailureofsisterhood October 19th 2012 | 7:07 AM

Ian wrote:
I think the biggest issue that needs to be addressed is why no one treated her for her manic depression? self harm, crying all the time, not wanting to go out, no self worth, crying out for help, failed suicide attempts, she should of been taken to a mental health clinic, where she would of been safe, where she would of had the treatment she needed to get better, grow stronger and become the woman she deserved.

Her mother was solely responsible for her well being. She should have recognised her own daughters ongoing troubles and took action to protect & make sure she was taken care off. thats what single mothers are supposed to do for their daughters.. She failed.

Whats she gonna do? get help from an outsider? It would have had to be a "woman" if so because a random guy helping her would have been seen as a potential rapist or predator no matter his intentions.. hell, men get looked down upon just for holding open a damn door for ladies in 2012, so lets just write off "looking for help from a man" cause it couldn't and definately shouldn't happen.

*feminists hands on hips swinging finger back and forth* "Women don't need any help from a man! mmm-hmm we can help ourselves! uh-huh!"

cool.

So.. If her mother couldn't help her, where was the mighty sisterhood that should have helped Amanda in her time of need? Looks like they failed her too.

 

 

 

notmyprob October 19th 2012 | 10:10 AM
Give it a rest wrote:

 were you there when Amanda Todd flashed?

 

I don't know where he was.. but i can tell you where I was..

 

[sarc] I was scratching my nuts, drinking a beer, belching out loud with my buddies, watching the football game with other guys [/sarc] 

...and enjoying my free time away from the internet & no females around...just living in peace and harmony with my brethren. You know... "just being a guy". (and no, there were no strippers on the way to the apartment) :P

Where did you expect guys to be? In a telephone booth putting on a cape and getting ready to save the Amanda Todd's of life?

uh, no. That would be sexist, remember? You women don't need our help.

Its not our responsibility to help or be chivalrous to a 13 year old girl cause we know any guy that would help her would be looked upon as pedo first and foremost just for being around her. This is the world you feminists created so we adapted to the environment. Most of us know where the danger zones are now and avoid them. Thanks!

Women don't need us.. thats actually a good thing! so let us males belch with our beer buddies & watch the damn football game while you go get your nails done or go knit a sweater or something. This is 2012! The "Amanda Todds" of the world are the responsibility of themselves, their parent ("singular" - a whole other can of worms for a different disscussion) and of feminists.

In reguards to the article, You can blame misogyny and men all you want. It weighs nothing on my conscience and I encourage other men to not let it weigh on theirs as its not their problem either. Women hate themselves.. and lately they have a good reason to. 

Ladies : This is your war, not ours. Fight amongst yourselves.

 

 

 

 

 

socialnutrition October 19th 2012 | 11:11 AM

Quote:
I'm curious, too - were you there when Amanda Todd flashed? It's just that you seem very sure that boredom was her motivation, and I don't get how you could possibly know that. This kind of thing happens for a lot of reasons, and boredom has little to do with, most of the time.

If Amanda had a healthy hobby (internet flashing doesn't qualify. sorry.) and other things to occupy her mind (picking up a book & reading, learning something for her future), she wouldn't have been bored. This is why for the longest time in urban areas they have community centers and playgrounds. Without them, kids find their "own" things to do.

Are you really that oblivious that you think kids don't get bored? You sound like you were sheltered as a kid.

Children who have nothing to do to occupy their mind in a positive and constructive way will make room in their minds to "experiment" - (drugs, sex, stealing, etc) which is what Amanda Todd did. Blaming it on depression & low self esteem is putting the cart before the horse. She got that low self esteem after she learned her lesson.

Quote:
This is 2012! The "Amanda Todds" of the world are the responsibility of themselves, their parent ("singular" - a whole other can of worms for a different disscussion) and of feminists.

In reguards to the article, You can blame misogyny and men all you want. It weighs nothing on my conscience and I encourage other men to not let it weigh on theirs as its not their problem either. Women hate themselves.. and lately they have a good reason to. 

Ladies : This is your war, not ours. Fight amongst yourselves.

As much as i'd like to argue against that, sadly.. you are absolutely correct. You nailed it.

Feminists don't want to hear the truth, so lets just let them cover their ears and put on their tinfoil hats.. us men have bigger fish to fry than to worry about women who more than willingly make the same mistakes over and over and over again.

I wash my hands on the whole damn deal too.

S. Watt October 19th 2012 | 4:16 PM

Ms. Mallet's idea of reducing the meaning of women showing their breasts is a very intriguing one and something similar is being done on a blog in solidarity with Amanda Todd. This is the address: http://s0lidair.tumblr.com

 

realherosdontdie October 19th 2012 | 7:19 PM

Meh. The article was very once sided and extremely biased. Written from an armchair feminists point of view.

 

Now....if you want the truth, the Amazing Athiest comes to save the day in the link below and tells it like it is reguarding the "Amanda Todd Squad"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qgARGjT6s

nuff said

 

 

emerson lake and Palmer October 20th 2012 | 9:09 AM

Quote:
Why isn't anyone talking about the misogyny involved in Amanda Todd's life and death?

"I'm Tired of hypocrite freaks..

with tongues in their cheeks

turning their eyes as they speak

they make me sick and tired!!"

-ELP "endless enigma (1973)

 

Quote:
“It made me want to take a topless photo and post it online with a statement of protest. Of course, I won't do this because I know most people wouldn't understand or get it, but the urge was there.”


"Are you confused to the point /

in your mind that your blind, can't you see you're wrong?"

-ELP "endless enigma" (1973)

 

Quote:
I didn't like how the first part hints that the moral of the story is ‘girls, don't flash your breasts on a webcam

 

"Please! PLEASEE!!! PLEASE OPEN THEIR EYES!!!"

-ELP "endless enigma" (1973)

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQxc2-ERPug

 

ohpleasegimmeabreak October 20th 2012 | 1:13 PM

Quote:
The results were insanely disproportionate and inappropriate for what she actually did.

 

Welcome to the real world.
Life is not fair. get used to it.

 

 

Give it a rest October 20th 2012 | 8:20 PM

socialnutrition wrote:
Are you really that oblivious that you think kids don't get bored? You sound like you were sheltered as a kid.

Sheltered? Not so much. I was sexually abused from the age of three, by my grandfather. I was sexually abused for two years (grade 6 and 7) by my elementary school janitor.

I was smoking at 11. I was drinking and doing drugs at 14. I lost my virginity to a 21 year old at 15. I hung out with kids from "the wrong side of the tracks". (My father was an alcoholic, and a blue collar worker, so by many standards, I was also from "the wrong side of the tracks".) I was bullied. I flashed someone at a party once, but that was before phone cameras and webcams. I made a lot of stupid decisions, and I also lived with clinical depression for a long time.

I was very far from sheltered. I also never even remotely suggested that kids don't get bored. I said that the poster I quoted was *assuming* that Amanda Todd flashed out of boredom, and he/she has no reason to assume that. He/she wasn't there, and doesn't know why it happened.

 

Quote:
Children who have nothing to do to occupy their mind in a positive and constructive way will make room in their minds to "experiment" - (drugs, sex, stealing, etc) which is what Amanda Todd did. Blaming it on depression & low self esteem is putting the cart before the horse. She got that low self esteem after she learned her lesson.

Kids who *do* have other things to occupy their minds will do that, too - not always, but it does happen. You have no idea *why* she flashed the guy. You're assuming it was boredom, just like the other poster. (Why? Is it easier to be contemptuous of someone who violates cultural sexual mores - at 12/13 - if you figure you know the reason, and it was a simple one?) Also, how do you know when she got the low self-esteem? People can be suffering from self image problems for all kinds of reasons.

Also - all that stuff I posted above? I did that - the drugs, the alcohol, the sex - not the stealing - but I was a juvenile delinquent, and most of the people I hung with when I was young have criminal records for one thing or another. I was a bookworm, and always had stuff to occupy my mind - a novel a day, for a start...math competitions...puzzle books...music. Poor behaviour from youth just isn't as simple as "oh, they were bored, so they took off all their clothes and smoked crack". Yes - that can happen, but it's not what happens in every single case. People are jumping to a lot of conclusions about Amanda Todd.

Give it a rest October 20th 2012 | 8:20 PM
notmyprob wrote:

Give it a rest wrote:

 were you there when Amanda Todd flashed?

 

I don't know where he was.. but i can tell you where I was..

 

[sarc] I was scratching my nuts, drinking a beer, belching out loud with my buddies, watching the football game with other guys [/sarc] 

...and enjoying my free time away from the internet & no females around...just living in peace and harmony with my brethren. You know... "just being a guy". (and no, there were no strippers on the way to the apartment) :P

Where did you expect guys to be? In a telephone booth putting on a cape and getting ready to save the Amanda Todd's of life?

I have no idea what this is about, but my point wasn't that the guy should have been there helping Amanda Todd. My point was that it makes no sense to state that she did something for X motive, unless you were there, and know that's what happened. None of us know why Amanda Todd flashed. Based on my own experiences, I'd say it's very unlikely that the sole cause was boredom.

Quote:
uh, no. That would be sexist, remember? You women don't need our help.

umm...I'm not a feminist. I also have no objection to help from men (or to helping men). I'm a married 40 something stay at home mom of four. My husband helps me lots. I help him, too. It's a partnership, and he's absolutely every bit as valuable to our family and marriage as I am.

Quote:
Its not our responsibility to help or be chivalrous to a 13 year old girl cause we know any guy that would help her would be looked upon as pedo first and foremost just for being around her. This is the world you feminists created so we adapted to the environment. Most of us know where the danger zones are now and avoid them. Thanks!

I didn't see who was asking you to be chivalrous. I'm the one you quoted, and I certainly wasn't asking anybody to be chivalrous. I was simply pointing out that someone was making major assumptions about Amanda Todd's motivations, without having actually been there.

Also, feminists didn't create the hyper awareness of pedophiles and perverts. People growing up with histories of sexual abuse that was never addressed, because people wanted to pretend that Uncle Frank was a great guy, created that awareness. I absolutely agree with you that men are looked at with totally unfair suspicion in many circumstances.

Quote:
Women don't need us.. thats actually a good thing! so let us males belch with our beer buddies & watch the damn football game while you go get your nails done or go knit a sweater or something. This is 2012! The "Amanda Todds" of the world are the responsibility of themselves, their parent ("singular" - a whole other can of worms for a different disscussion) and of feminists.

What does "women don't need us" have to do with Amanda Todd. She wasn't a woman. She was a child. She flashed when she was in *7th grade*. That's elementary school, at least in BC.

Parent? From what I gathered from her video, she was actually living with her dad when the original crap went down, and went to live with her mom, so that she could change to a whole new school district, and get away from the sick predator. Both parents were involved.

Quote:
Women hate themselves.. and lately they have a good reason to.

What reason is that, just out of curiousity?

 

 

 

 

 

[/quote]

Give it a rest October 20th 2012 | 8:20 PM
ohpleasegimmeabreak wrote:

Quote:
The results were insanely disproportionate and inappropriate for what she actually did.

Welcome to the real world.
Life is not fair. get used to it.

I've never believed life is fair. Anybody who does is a fool or a child...or both.

"Life isn't fair" is a simple fact. It's not an excuse to beat, abuse, bully and torment people. It's not an excuse to be a sick, cowardly, sexual predator, and then shrug it off with "it's her own fault, for making a mistake". It's not an excuse to beat someone up, because you found out your boyfriend is a lying jerk. It's not an excuse to urge someone who tried to suicide to drink more bleach.

"Life isn't fair" doesn't have a rider of "so it's totally okay to try to maximize the unfairness and be as cruel as we can to everyone around us".

Amanda Todd shouldn't have had sex with someone else's boyfriend. The people who turned beating her up into a big circus shouldn't have done that, either.

Give it a rest October 20th 2012 | 8:20 PM
thefailureofsisterhood wrote:

Her mother was solely responsible for her well being. She should have recognised her own daughters ongoing troubles and took action to protect & make sure she was taken care off. thats what single mothers are supposed to do for their daughters.. She failed.

Why was her mother solely responsible?

Her mother was getting her help. Amanda had been hospitalized and treated over the summer. This wasn't being ignored.

Quote:
Whats she gonna do? get help from an outsider? It would have had to be a "woman" if so because a random guy helping her would have been seen as a potential rapist or predator no matter his intentions..

There are a lot of people who could (and probably did) help who are neither women nor "a random guy" - doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists, counselors, etc. can all be male or female. Carol Todd could have been getting help from many "outsiders", of either gender.

hell, men get looked down upon just for holding open a damn door for ladies in 2012, so lets just write off "looking for help from a man" cause it couldn't and definately shouldn't happen.[quote]</p><p>That depends on the man - who he is, what knowledge and experience he brings to the table, etc.</p><p>[quote wrote:
*feminists hands on hips swinging finger back and forth* "Women don't need any help from a man! mmm-hmm we can help ourselves! uh-huh!"

Why is this about feminists rejecting help from "a man"? What man or men do you think Carol Todd should have been asking for help? How do you know that no men helped?

Quote:
cool.

So.. If her mother couldn't help her, where was the mighty sisterhood that should have helped Amanda in her time of need? Looks like they failed her too.

What sisterhood should have helped her? She was getting help, and getting treatment. She still suicided. It happens, even when people are helping. It doesn't mean nobody was helping. It doesn't mean the "sisterhood" failed her. It doesn't mean men failed her. It means that depression isn't as easy to fix as people think, and it's not easy to tell - even to the experts - when someone is going to end it all. (I have a friend whose daughter suicided after the doctor she was seeing told her parents that she could come off her anti-depressants. If they'd left her on it, she might still be here. They were getting help - they still lost their daughter.)

ohpleasegimmeabreak October 21st 2012 | 8:08 AM

Quote:
quote #1  None of us know why Amanda Todd flashed.

quote #2 (from same paragraph)   Based on my own experiences, I'd say it's very unlikely that the sole cause was boredom.



so nobody knows.. but conveniently, YOU know all about her just based on your unrelated life although you dont know amanda personally.


riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. spoken like a true feminist jumping onto the bandwagon. Pat youself on the back for that one.

Quote:
I was simply pointing out that someone was making major assumptions about Amanda Todd's motivations, without having actually been there.


So you decided to combat it by making your own assumptions about Amanda Todd's life without being there?

I would pat you on the back for that... but my hands are full (TV remote control in right hand... and beer can in left.)

 

Quote:
What does "women don't need us" have to do with Amanda Todd. She wasn't a woman.


ok i'll play along..... she was a "man" then. you were right.
Amanda todd should have manned up and took responsibility for her actions after flashing her boobs and sleeping around with people in a relationship.

Quote:
Quote:
Women hate themselves.. and lately they have a good reason to.

What reason is that, just out of curiousity?


for their obliviousness to their own hypocrisy in this whole post amanda todd scenario / fallout which has taken place all over the internet.
if you are going to ask me what that means too then you pretty much don't "get it" and no amount of explaining will enlighten you.

 

Quote:
"Life isn't fair" is a simple fact. It's not an excuse to beat, abuse, bully and torment people.


Its always women who fight for her cause when its too late. my "life isnt fair, get used to it" comment is what i have to say to when you women do this.

I already gave a valid explination as to why men don't, can't and shouldn't help. So what are YOU doing to stop bullying? hmm? What are YOU doing to stop the next Amanda Todd from doing this? Posting another "R.I.P." on FB like shes the flavor of the week with the other self proclaimed morally responsible "standing on the top of the mountain to let everyone know this" hypocrites then forgetting who she is a week later?

We see this happen every...  single... frakkin ....day! What are YOU doing to change this?

 

Quote:
The people who turned beating her up into a big circus shouldn't have done that, either.


no. the real circus happened when the poseur women jumped on the amanda todd bandwagon when it was
the "cool & totally hip thing" to flaunt how morally responisble women are to everybody on facebook... have you not noticed that circus at all?
remember.. these are the same women who laugh and yell "woohoo!!" at slutwalk. its an excuse to party and be foolish & ignorant. you DID see the pics of slutwalk, haven't you? (the pic of the girl holding up "men are the n***ers of the world" (comparing their struggle to racism.. puh-lease! don't go there!) and all youtube videos of the smiling girls behind her marching down the street yelling "woohoo" "yeaahhhhhh") - Keep in mind.. they were doing this in the name of Amanda Todd and everyone else like her...

Newsflash, ladies... this does NOT torment your predators (past, present or future) and doesn't empower you. You are basically showing everyone why they should NOT take you serious.

do you not see the total hypocrisy of the amanda todd squad?
most of these women who have "RIP Amanda you were an innocent angel" in their profiles have bullied someone in their lifetime ..........or haven't YET bullied anyone. (keyword.. "Yet")

which leads us back to this :

Quote:
Women hate themselves.. and lately they have a good reason to.


understand now? or are you going to just sweep it under the rug again?

 

Quote:
How do you know that no men helped?


You watched amanda todds video, right? Go watch it again and tell me other than her Dad finding her in a ditch (as she put it) who else (Man or woman) helped her in her detailed story?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

finallyjustice October 21st 2012 | 3:15 PM

finally! a little bit of justice in this world...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/10/19/london-bullying-arrests-girls-cyber.html

8 girls arrested. no guys were to blame for this one.

If you feminist single mothers don't get your shit together & straighten out your daughters, then YOUR daughter will be in the next batch of bully girls headed for jail.

Guess who wont shed a tear for them? thats right..

Suck on that for awhile.

 

 

 

Janet October 21st 2012 | 5:17 PM

Lipstick Press is calling for poetry submissions for an anthology on Beautiful Women

 

http://lipstickpoetry.blogspot.ca/2012/10/beautiful-women.html

sarah sarcasm October 22nd 2012 | 7:07 AM
Janet wrote:

Lipstick Press is calling for poetry submissions for an anthology on Beautiful Women

 

http://lipstickpoetry.blogspot.ca/2012/10/beautiful-women.html

Awesome!

Just to be different and unique, Im going to write a poem about how beautiful the female bullies were because they are female too and ALL women are beautiful inside and outside.

But first im going to knit this anti-bullying sweater. Much like poetry, we all know how effective knitting is to ending bullying.

-SS

Bartles October 30th 2012 | 9:21 PM

buttfucked her

hipster November 2nd 2012 | 9:21 PM

ugh. amanda todd is soooo "last month"


I was mourning her when it was still "cool" and "in style" before all the bandwagon jumpers hopped on board.

shes old news now. new trend plz. kthxbye

Shalvi Uddin November 3rd 2012 | 3:15 PM

I DONT SUPPORT THE REASON WHY SHE IS DEPRESSED, But I definitely am not happy or agree with what resulted in her “flashing”. It is totally over board and bullshit. I made a song especially for her, hoping my voice, her voice, kids who experience anything similar, their voice, OUR VOICE gets heard. Check out this song & post it around for everyone to listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtfeLcTfU1I&list=UUVxfMukNCV02BlBjVlPfY2Q&index=3&feature=plcp

odyssey November 12th 2012 | 7:07 AM

Shalvi : Your song sucks.


Stop using Amanda Todd to promote your music you attention whore. You are part of the problem.

Eloka November 14th 2012 | 12:12 PM
Dr.Pell wrote:

Since the person who was allegedly harrassing her on Facebook has never been identified why do you assume it was a man rather than a female posing as a man, or some lesbian predator? In fact, it's more likely it was a female because many of these cases in the past involved females harassing other females The person who hit Amanda was also a female and she did it because she stole her boyfriend. So how is any of this misogyny?

 

Kody Maxson

 

matt enns November 19th 2012 | 9:09 AM
Shasha wrote:

Some of the comments on here are running what little hope I have left for humanity.... My god.  

She would be alive today if she were a man. A man would not be slut shamed the way Amanda was for exposing her chest online. A man would not be so encouraged to do it in the first place, became a mans worth is not placed on his physical attributes the way a woman's worth is in society. A man would not be beaten and publicly humiliated for sleeping with another guy's girlfriend, he'd be f**king high-fived for it.

The denial of misogyny makes me sick.

 

First off that's a pretty hateful premise to assume that guys would just laugh off a traitorous act like that. But its easy for say since you obviously hate men. Secondly as far as putting too much judgement on looks..... And who's fault is that? Mens?? I don't think so. That's a feminist concept thank you very much. Men used to judge women based upon all kinds of variables back in the day. Before Nazi feminists destroyed women and the moral fabric of our whole society which opened up the doors for the MEN in charge of corporations to manipulate said women, into believing that consumerism and beauty was all that mattered to women. Now look at the world. People putting lipstick on their fucking 5 year olds. Who's to blame for Amanda Todd? It's you sick mothers out there and spindless fathers who have almost all been neutered by you misandrianistic lunatic women who all want to have your cake and eat it too. Look at your daughters ask them a question about world affairs and then ask them something about Justin beiber. It's not just a female issue but i think that's where it started. What are we doing to our kids?? Look at the world this can't keep going like this....
hotpotato November 20th 2012 | 2:14 PM

The strong will survive.. the weak will perish

 

Amanda Todd was the weak.

 

Come on people. shes OLD news now. Lets move onto bigger and better things.

 



 

 

 

SashaLeeann January 19th 2013 | 7:19 PM
I do not think anyone "deserves" to die. It also saddens me that a young girl would decide to end her life. But that's the main thing: she DECIDED to commit suicide. No one killed her; many people are bullied and depressed and don't commit suicide. No one held a gun to Amanda Todd's head and made her flash. No one held a gun to her head and made her have sex. She CHOSE to do those things. This article makes it sound like Amanda was forced to do things or tricked into doing things. She was young, but she wasn't 5. I would never look down on someone for being sexual, but highschool is a cruel place. People get teased for their clothes, hair, voice and on and on. Killing yourself over it is a personal choice, no one to blame but yourself.
Elena February 2nd 2013 | 3:03 AM
fed_up_with_the_bs wrote:

Sad part is... if this was a 16 year old boy who did the flashing and got bullied and killed himself, he would have been called a "sexual pervert" and he "deserved it"...

a girl does it, shes a heroine and / or a martyr. Notice the absence of females saying what she did (flashing online) was "wrong".

None of you. And with that absence, you are opening the door for it to happen to another female child because she doesn't know it's "wrong" cause you won't teach her that it is... and most of you got the nerve to call yourselves "mothers".

Amanda Todd's death is being used as a vehicle for feminazi's political ajendas and misandry ...that is just utterly disgusting. so once again, Amanda's being "used".. but this time by other women for their own selfish reasons.

Shame on you. Let the girl rest in peace and stop trying to politically rape her and scavange her death for fuel to run your  "misandry machine". Shes been through enough.

Stop being a bully.

I'm a teenager still in highschool, so I don't have any form of an outdated view on how things work for teens in the world now. The internet is terrible. Technology is not used in ways that it should be. Everything everywhere is objectifying women and girls, and it continues to get worse. That being said, that doesn't mean that it should affect us. There's no reason for us to be so reactionary about it. In the end, we are in control of how we see ourselves as girls and as women. After all, no self-respecting man would be one of these "misogynysts" as you refer to almost everyone who's reported this story as.

I saw somewhere else a comment by a man saying that the real change and issue here is the willingness of young women/girls to expose themselves to feel like they're something in the eyes of the recipient. He admitted that when he was her age, he had asked for nudes or similar things from girls, and they were often willing. I agree with him. I would never have done what she did, but I see around me that women as a whole are very different compared to how they used to be, for better or for worse.
I don't understand all of this support for Amanda regarding her flashing this man.
She did not deserve to be bullied, and she did not deserve to die. However, to refer to what she did as a "mistake" is not wrong. She was not even a teenager and probably had no idea how the world really works. Though that was the case, no one forced her to do it. She could have disconnected the chat at any time. It could have registered in her mind that something wasn't right about that, and that she didn't even know that person. Calling it anything but a mistake is just ignorant. 
It seems that nowadays no females have any self-respect.