Cory Montieth's death caused by heroin and alcohol: toxicology report
Glee actor Cory Monteith, 31, died of a mixed-drug toxicity involving heroin and alcohol, the The BC Coroners Service has confirmed on Tuesday.
The post-mortem testing included an autopsy and toxicological analysis.
"It should be noted that at this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the report said.
At a late morning press conference in Vancouver on Monday,police commented,
“Although tragic, at this point in the initial stages of the police investigation, we believe no foul play to be involved,” VPD spokesman Sergeant Randy Fincham said.
Montieth was not shy about admitting to a troubled past, with a history of abuse and drug and alcohol use. Fincham noted that the case is somewhat “out of the ordinary” given the actor’s young age.