The clean up begins as Facebook Vancouver crew rallies and police give instructions on how to help
A Facebook page set up last night in response to the overwhelming sense of disgust by the vast majority of Vancouver to the riots has volunteers signing on to the clean up efforts. Meanwhile, the police thanked the public for photos and videos sent to help VPD identify the criminals who threw rocks through store windows downtown, looted The Bay, turned over cars, and set them ablaze.
The response from the public wanting to help the police identify the individuals involved in last night’s criminal activity has been overwhelming. We are grateful for everyone’s help and have included instructions below for anyone wanting to anonymously share videos with our investigators. We appreciate your assistance in getting this information out to the public.
For photos, please send them to [email protected]
To anonymously upload videos to the VPD, please upload them to youtube as private videos and share them with [email protected]
Here are the instructions on how to do this:
1. Sign in to your YouTube account and upload the video.
2. Once the video has finished uploading, click the Account link located (at the top-right of any page ).
3. Next, click the Uploaded Videos link. Click and choose the video you want to send to us. Then, click the Edit button.
4. Under the Broadcasting and Sharing Options section (on the left-hand side of the page towards the bottom) you'll see Privacy options. Click the little black arrow / triangle to expand and see all your privacy options (if it’s not already open and you cannot see your privacy options).
5. If the video is set to Private, you'll see a section to enter an email. Enter [email protected] in this section.
6. Click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
For more information visit: