- Aladdin drops in again, the Booksmart girls wonder what...
- Photos: Elle King shakes up Vancouver
- Broaching a Bake-off w/o a recipe
- Violence and style from John Wick, bios of two history...
- Your numerology cycles May 16–31
- Game-clinching triple-play
- Byzantium: the other liturgy
- A new look for Ryan Reynolds, a new impression of Rudolph...
- Nassim wants to get fresh with you
- V.O.'s "Faust" gives Devil his due
Vancouver Freaks Out After Canada Wins Gold Medal Against U.S. in Olympic Hockey
People are screaming as they drive by on the busy street outside my house in East Vancouver.
Wooooo! Honk honk honk! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh! Even 20 minutes after Canada beat the U.S. 3 – 2 in overtime – the freaking out continued.
“In Vancouver – at Pender and Abbott, every direction, even the homeless tent city, people are screaming and cheering” said @rjjago on Twitter.
On Twitter people reported a lot of crying. One woman said her husband’s tears were dripping into his beer. Others were tweeting excerpts from our national anthem, "Oh, Canada."
“Damn I love my national anthem!”
“Congrats team Canada! You just made the whole country’s day!”
Let's hear some of your stories. What are some of the more extreme freak-outs you saw in the aftermath of this win?