- Local kid gets potty mouth in Good Boys, British teen is...
- Your numerology cycles August 16–31
- Women mobsters in The Kitchen, country ways in Honeyland...
- EMV's "original instrument" vocals
- Your numerology cycles August 1–15
- Big and dumb Hobbs & Shaw; smart Amateurs and a...
- Binge on baroque and beyond
- Panto pantsed for Adults Only
- ETC 2019: Songs of Innocence/Experience
- Tarantino’s Hollywood vision, one President who was stopped...
Vancouver Freaks Out After Canada Wins Gold Medal Against U.S. in Olympic Hockey
People are screaming as they drive by on the busy street outside my house in East Vancouver.
Wooooo! Honk honk honk! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh! Even 20 minutes after Canada beat the U.S. 3 – 2 in overtime – the freaking out continued.
“In Vancouver – at Pender and Abbott, every direction, even the homeless tent city, people are screaming and cheering” said @rjjago on Twitter.
On Twitter people reported a lot of crying. One woman said her husband’s tears were dripping into his beer. Others were tweeting excerpts from our national anthem, "Oh, Canada."
“Damn I love my national anthem!”
“Congrats team Canada! You just made the whole country’s day!”
Let's hear some of your stories. What are some of the more extreme freak-outs you saw in the aftermath of this win?