- Your numerology cycles April 16–30
- Disney wildlife times two, a blast at American politics and...
- Your numerology cycles April 1–15
- More streaming ideas take you to Brazil, low-life China and...
- Movie theatres are shut down, so what’s streaming?
- Your numerology cycles March 16–31
- Three women lead off a long line-up of new movies in town
- Pixar’s new one, Onward, new laughs from Greed and a new...
- Your numerology cycles March 1–15
- Ordinary Love, superb, three superior Canadian films and...
Creating the People's History of 2010: Accredit Yourself and Start Reporting, Partying, and Schmoozing with the World
What do you plan contributing to the future?
- IBC at Canada Place 2 - no use mentioning it cause you ain't getting anywhere near it unless you're already sorted out
- BOB co-working centre – Building Opportunities through Business program has a drop-in co-working space and is hosting some CODE activities
- Network Hub – a entreptrenuraial co-working space renting desks by hour or month
- W2’s Media Arts Centre (also hosting the Legal Observers program) – call for pricing details
- BC International Media Centre – run by the provincial secretariat and hosting some accredited trad. and social media outlets
- Squamish tourism and rumours of more centres at UBC, Whistler/Blackcomb, Carnegie Library and others ...?
- A city full of coffee shops and libraries with wi-fi and tables (tip your baristas)
Need a place to publish your work? Find an online community which suits your tastes like: Vancouver Observer, Now Public, Orato, Rabble.ca, Media Co-Op /Dominion or roll your own blog, set up Twitter, Flickr and Vimeo accounts to season, and you're rolling.
Best Social Practices
There is a huge difference between sticking your content on Facebook and sharing it for the public enjoyment and archiving. Without giving your the full "Web2.0" manifesto, here are three critical steps to maximizing the reach and longevity of your creations.
- Publish your work Creative Commons - this alternative copyright framework allows you to give permission for non-commercial use with conditions of attribution and share-alike-ness (CC on Flickr)
- Tag it specific, tag it general - tags are meant to increase findability - i'll use #van2010 for all Olympics related content and tags for community-specific awareness e.g.: #vo2010 #tnmh + track in HootSuite so I see everything</plug>
- Share it to last - don't hide your content and expect your work to live on, instead, publish content across multiple sites including Wikimedia commons & Archive.org
It will get Weird
No matter what you think now, expect mind to expand and evolve as you find some inspiration or motivation which you never previously considered.
Perhaps, you'll discover the notion to express yourself or find new co-conspirators to create a new reality or play a role in helping others explore the places you pass each day.
If not, methinks you've missed out on the biggest chance for international fellowship since Expo 86 - and whether you plan to celebrate, protest or observe, you now have the ability and opportunity to contribute to the public record.
So, what do you plan to contribute to the future?