Take the Train2Main to Main Street-Science World
Starting March 30, 2014, SkyTrain passengers travelling to or from Main Street-Science World Station will take a special two-car train, the Train2Main. This shorter two-car train is necessary to keep the station open during construction.
Train2Main will operate for approximately six months between Waterfront and Commercial-Broadway stations stopping at all stations in between, including Main Street-Science World Station.
Regular four and six-car trains on the Expo and Millennium Line will operate as normal during this time except they will not stop at Main Street-Science World Station.
Train2Main will run every 10 to 12 minutes; passengers that take the Train2Main should plan for up to 10 minutes of extra travel time.
Passengers traveling to Main Street-Science World Station:
- From the east: Transfer to Train2Main at Commercial-Broadway Station.
- From downtown: Catch the Train2Main from any downtown station directly to Main Street-Science World Station.
- Passengers traveling from Main Street-Science World Station:
- Eastbound: Take Train2Main to Commercial-Broadway Station and transfer to the Expo or Millennium Line.
- Westbound (to downtown): Take the Train2Main directly to their stop.
TransLink thanks customers for their patience as they complete these much-needed upgrades to Main Street-Science World Station.
Main Street-Science World is the oldest station on TransLink’s rapid transit system and it has long been recognized as a priority for upgrades. The station is one of seven stations on the Expo Line being upgraded as part of TransLink’s continuing efforts to deliver transportation excellence. When complete in early 2015, the upgraded station will improve capacity, accessibility, safety and security at one of the busiest stations in the SkyTrain system.