- Mayor Robertson to Support Creative New Patio Spaces,...
- UBC astronomy student discovers four new planets
- More X-Men, another Alice fantasy and two films about the...
- Nanaimo forestry company fined for spill in Northumberland...
- Great spots to walk, run, or hike in Vancouver, even if you...
- SFU's Certificate in Community Economic Development...
- Charles Bradley & his Extraordinaires
- Roundhouse Radio's Tracey Friesen authors 'Story...
- Vancouver monopolizes list of priciest homes in Canada
- Tilda’s Bigger Splash, Ryan and Russell's Nice Guys...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.