- Assembling an oratorio
- Chutzpah! 2018 highlights awe-inspiring dance,...
- Reviews of Spielberg’s new one, Daniel-Day Lewis’ last and...
- Breaking out in hives
- PRFF lights up the screen in Powell River
- Who could have saved the children?
- “Freedom for Iran”: rally in Vancouver urges Canada to...
- Recalling a tabloid sensation in I, Tonya and Psycho’s...
- Your numerology cycles for 2018
- Major world news stories of 2017 and how they are related
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.