- Experts urge Canadians to take part in earthquake drill Oct...
- How to plant garlic like a pro [video]
- Rape kit inaccessibility a hurdle to justice for victims in...
- Man plus machine: Biohackers self-experiment to achieve...
- Investigation still incomplete on death of B.C. man shot by...
- Canada-U.S. softwood lumber deal set to expire Oct. 12;...
- Politics behind Harper ad that cites mentally ill dad who...
- B.C. protesters want apology from NHL defenceman after bear...
- What does the Iran nuclear deal mean for Iran, the Middle...
- B.C. man who killed parents and two others as teen granted...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.