- Vancouver's newest police officer has very big feet
- Some B.C. real estate agents insider trading and helping to...
- Seeds you can start in February
- Professors blast UBC's "failures of governance...
- Years after homeless man's death, new sobering centre...
- Stigma worst barrier for sex workers leaving the industry,...
- Ghomeshi emails reveal growing importance of 'digital...
- At Science of Cocktails, partygoers enjoy oddball alcoholic...
- Time for the UBC Board of Governors to address portfolio...
- Being prepared for avalanche no replacement for avoiding...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.