- Celebrate World Rivers Day with free, family fun at Burnaby...
- Foreign-buyer tax to have short-term effect on Vancouver...
- Vancouver's supervised-injection site sees unusually...
- Doctors 'waking up' to opioid over-prescription...
- Innovation, not just money, needed to fix health-care...
- Study casts doubts about environmental benefits of Canadian...
- Growing consensus: forestry in B.C. needs to change
- Food, race and the ethnic aisle
- Kurdi family settles into life in Canada, but still no luck...
- Canada 'missed the boat' on economic policies to...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.