- Notable films for Easter, Canada and Earth Day
- Huffing in a henhouse
- Your numerology cycles: April
- Magic reelism: smoke & mirrors
- Rx for youngsters: Take physic, pomp
- Windbag jazz
- Two good kids films (though one is better for adults) and...
- "Never the Last," a virtuosic séance
- A rock and a hard place
- Super hero fun, a not so good Stephen King adaptation and a...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.