- At the Paris climate talks, cities are a PM’s best friend
- B.C., Alaska sign cross-border mining collaboration pact
- Refugee in youth detention sues B.C. government for alleged...
- B.C. slammed over announcing $1.5B Site C deal while...
- Former 2010 Olympics CEO makes first major speech after...
- Ottawa sues UBC, former dentistry faculty member over...
- Cargo ship loses propulsion off Haida Gwaii; tugs, coast...
- Overdose deaths could be reduced if more B.C. doctors used...
- UBC in damage control mode after failing sexual assault...
- B.C.'s defence in Ivan Henry's wrongful-...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.