- Feds stifle media questions around oil sands' toxic...
- Ottawa runs $1.3B surplus in first 10 months of fiscal year...
- Lawyers seek ruling on whether judges can dictate religious...
- Vancouver International Auto Show goes green
- Heiltsuk will risk arrest to blockade herring boats, warns...
- No to Will Ferrell in Get Hard; yes to Queen & Country...
- BCCLA presses watchdog on CSIS records about Northern...
- Game of Thrones S05 precap: Getting Ready for S05E01
- Debate on Iraq mission fires up as NDP seeks to end fight...
- City Council votes unanimously to shift city to 100%...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.