- Get tickets now for Just Cuz and Drum Mama Studios benefit...
- Bob Rennie calls for more condos, plus a speculation tax
- #Fierce Voices: Ignite, Young Women Making Media at SFU...
- Indigenous man with no birth records granted citizenship...
- Update: Expo SkyTrain fully restored, transit free for rest...
- Oil spill in Burrard Inlet could cost Vancouver up to $1.2...
- Reviews of Tomorrowland, Saint Laurent and Welcome to Me
- Top 5 Restaurants In Vancouver: Chef Bruno Terroso’s Guide
- Reddit raves for hotel hero
- NDP government would end phase-out of door-to-door mail...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.