- Sunken B.C. tug's tanks now pumped out, thousands of...
- CMHC raises its overall risk rating for national housing...
- Wi-Fi coming to rest areas throughout the province
- Canadian authors Madeleine Thien, David Szalay in...
- Grade 8 student tells federal minister he teaches...
- UBC, former student fail to reach agreement on human-rights...
- B.C. children's rep Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond issues to...
- Photo Highlights: Alice Cooper plays Queen Elizabeth
- An Afghan story from a Greek refugee camp
- Divers provide clearer idea of damage to sunken tug on B.C...
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.