- Vancouver proposes licensed short-term Airbnb stays to...
- Royals urged by First Nations to push governments for...
- VIFF picks with music, scary ships, a relaxing garden and...
- Too many grizzly bears seeking berries dying in British...
- Ottawa gives conditional approval to giant LNG project for...
- VSO wows gamers with a performance of Symphony of the...
- William and Kate to visit vineyard, university on Okanagan...
- B.C. ministry to expand Metis commission's role amid...
- Portuguese octopus stew with chickpeas, chorizo and...
- PHOTOS: Will and Kate's action-packed day in Vancouver
Join the Vancouver Observer
Yes! I want to become a member!
We’re here because we love Vancouver and the
Lower Mainland. That love motivates us to research,
write, and share the stories you read in the
Vancouver Observer. Whether we’re covering
politics, development, or the environment,
we want to make you a more switched-on and
powerful citizen. We don’t believe in
paywalls: these stories yearn to be free.
However, free as in speech is not free as in
beer, and our work gets very expensive.
This is why we need your help.
Become a champion of independent
media and become an insider: our
members get access to exclusive
content and cultural events, as well as
discounts to make this city of ours a bit
more affordable. "Buy local" applies to
media as well as artisanal groceries.