Top 10 things to do on Valentine's Day
In need of some romantic ideas for Valentine's Day? if you're anything like me, trying to think of something other than excessive amounts of chocolate for your loved one on Valentine's can be a bit of a challenge.
Thankfully though, Vancouver has plenty to offer to keep couples busy:
1. A romantic dinner. There is no better way to celebrate your love than over a perfect meal. At the Seasons in the Park restaurant on Cambie and 33rd, a special Valentine's menu is available from February 10-14.
2. Get away from all the stress, relax. Book a night at the Granville Island Hotel, with a couples' spa and dining package.
3. Beer and Chocolate: enough said. This offer is available at the Granville Island Taproom and Brewery.
4. Enjoy a luxurious cruise and dinner, on the Pride of Vancouver. The deal comes with complimentary champagne.
5. In true Canadian tradition, go ice skating at Robson Square.
6. Catch a romantic movie together, or better yet, cuddle up and watch one at home. I suggest Casablanca.
7. Stay over at the Vancouver Aquarium. Stay the night at Hugs and Fishes, an adults-only event with games, food, and theatre.
8. Check out the flowers and tropical birds at the Bloedel Flower Conservatory. The Seasons in the Park restaurant is only a minute or two away, too.
9. Dinner and a show. Salt Tasting Room presents Fourplay, with the first episode on Feb. 13th. Guests are invited to "partake in a grand experiment to try to discover the secrets and foibles of romantic behaviour."
10. Comedy. For something slightly different, try the St. Valentines Day Massacre, an improv comedy event hosted by Vancouver TheatreSports League, on Granville Island.