Stephanie Ostler and the Devil May Wear
Stephanie Ostler owns The Devil May Wear boutique at 3957 Main Street.
I went to talk to Stephanie this morning about doing a small business blog for VO but wound up getting very distracted by her fashion line and accessories.
On Stephanie's mind today:
1. How to get Olympics visitors onto Main Street and to her store.
2. Getting through December with enough inventory to satisfy a surprisingly large number of custormers (given the recession), all of whom want stuff before Christmas, much of it made to order.
3. Finishing the store's website. She's building it herself, drawing on an earlier career as a graphic designer.
4. A good cup of coffee. That was solved at the Liberty Cafe, across the street from where Stephanie had her old store. It was so small, however, she said she could hardly say "store" with a straight face.
5. Launching her new blog on VO. Coming soon.
Full disclosure: I was partial to liking Stephanie's store. After all, we were meeting to discuss her launching a blog on VO about small businesses and that's good for VO. Honestly, though, I can't lie about my tastes in fashion and if I had the budget, I'd have easily walked out with two or three new outfits. And some accessories. And, even though it wasn't in the budget, I did walk out with a new purse. Please don't tell my older son. He hates it when I spend money on things he doesn't understand. If I'd been buying an X-box...
Anyway, I snapped a few shots of The Devil May Wear.
The devil is in the details.