Join Emily Carr for Design Every Day from June 11 – June 24
Presented by Emily Carr Continuing Studies, Design Every Day is a call for typographers, designers, architects, urbanists and artists to reimage everyday encounters with letterforms, imagery, objects and spaces, and to reconsider the processes and products of design.
Exhibits, talks and installations
- Scaffold Installation – Fieldwork– June 11 – June 24 – FREE!
Fieldwork, founded in 2009, is a Vancouver based collective of eight emerging designers
- Display Magazine Micro-exhibit June 12 – June 24 –FREE!
Display Magazine is a curated publication of contemporary and emergent design practice in Canada
- The Bicycle and the City Charette – Saturday June 16: 2:00pm –– FREE! – Requires advanced Registration
Cyclists, designers, drivers and city-dwellers are invited to rethink Vancouver’s cycling infrastructure and cycling in the city at this hands-on, intensive charette. Topics for discussion include interventions in cycling infrastructure, Vancouver’s underutilized space and bike culture in Vancouver.
Or take a short design course with us!
- Spatial Typography – Friday, June 15 or Saturday, June 23: 11:00 – 5:00 - –– FREE! – Requires advanced Registration
Experiment with Letterforms in this collaborative, hands-on day of dimensional typography.
- Screen Calibration Workshop – Wednesday, June 13: 6:00pm – 9:00pm - $60
A great workshop to help designers and photographers improve the colour accuracy of your output results. This short workshop will help you understand basics in calibration as well as provide you with a better understanding of colour management.
- Visual Note-taking – Sunday, June 17: 1:00pm - $50
Learn to quickly and visually record what you see and hear using diagrams, sketches and mapping. For those looking to rapidly synthesize and communicate complex information in meetings, lectures and presentations.