Lloyd Peter Robinson charged in vicious cab driver assault

A night out on Granville Street ended up in argument over a $5 cab fare, resulting in the serious beating of a taxi driver. Twenty-nine year-old Lloyd Peter Robinson has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault.

Charges have now been laid against a 29 year old Vancouver man after a cab driver was seriously assaulted earlier this week.

The victim was driving his car on November 17, shortly before 1:00 a.m., when he picked up three women and a man on Granville near Davie Street.
The driver took the four passengers to a nearby apartment building at Drake Street and Marinaside Crescent, where a dispute over the $5.40 cab fare occurred. The verbal argument quickly ended when the man allegedly punched the victim, before kicking and stomping on his face as he lay seemingly unconscious on the ground.
Police attended and spoke with several witnesses from nearby buildings who heard the verbal and physical altercation, and observed the accused run off after the attack.
At about 3:30 yesterday afternoon, investigators from the VPD Major Crime Section arrested Lloyd Peter Robinson. Crown has now approved charges of aggravated assault and he remains in custody until his next court appearance.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information that has not yet spoken to investigators is asked to contact the Vancouver Police at (604) 717-2541.
There may be more to the story than five dollars and forty cents: the victim's family suggests that this was a racist attack.
Read More:

More in Crime

Police procedural in a palimpsest

Upintheair Theatre brings "The City and the City" to the city. Noire futurology @ PuShFest.

Chief coroner's statement on the death of Lucia Vega Jimenez

The BC Coroners Service confirms it is investigating the death of 42-year-old Lucia Vega Jimenez, a Mexican national who died December 28, 2013, at Mount St Joseph Hospital in Vancouver, according to...

VPD issue public warning following sexual assault

Vancouver Police are warning the public after a woman was tackled to the ground and sexually assaulted last night. Here's more, from the press release sent to Vancouver Observer by the Vancouver...
Speak up about this article on Facebook or Twitter. Do this by liking Vancouver Observer on Facebook or following us @Vanobserver on Twitter. We'd love to hear from you.