Gluten-free, dairy-free zesty cranberry orange muffins
I’d had a craving for muffins the past couple weeks, so Thursday evening I decided to get to it. I picked up some cranberries and prepared a batch of cranberry orange muffins -- gluten-free, of course.
When I bake, I try to do as much dairy-free as possible, and these muffins work just as well with soy milk and margarine as they do with regular milk and butter.
Cranberry Orange Muffins
Yield: approx 18 small muffins
-2 cups white/brown rice flour mix
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-1 cup sugar
-1/2 Cup margarine
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/2-3/4 cup soy milk (unsweetened)
-1/3 cup dried cranberries
-zest of half a large orange
-juice of half a large orange
1. Mix together rice flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Cream together eggs, sugar, margarine and vanilla.
3. Mix soy milk into wet ingredients.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined.
5. Mix in cranberries, orange zest and juice.
6. Adjust consistency with soy milk if needed.
7. Pour into greased or lined muffin tins.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
These muffins turned out really moist, and very tasty. Feel free to adjust the amount of cranberries, orange juice and zest to your liking.