10 ways to celebrate Wayne Gretzky's birthday
Canadian ex-pro hockey player Wayne Gretzky, "The Great One", is blowing out 51 candles today. Tweeps all around the world are wishing the hockey legend/Gillette Superstar a happy birthday. What are you doing for Wayne Gretzky's special day?
Here are some cool ideas on how you can celebrate:
1. After indulging in Gretzky's favourite meal, rumoured to be spaghetti and meatballs or steak, lace up your favourite pair of skates and head over to the Robson Square ice rink. Bonus: Bring a hockey stick (with baby powder on the ends), a puck and a couple of good pals.
2. Jam to the "Wayne Gretzky" song by Goldfinger and sip on some Wayne Gretzky wine. Really let go.
3. Make a Wayne Gretzky kind of power-play goal. Play Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey game online.
Photo sourced from sports.yahoo.com
4. Create a button. With his face on it.
Photo sourced from ansports.com
5. Read some of Gretzky's famous quotes. Here's one we particularly like:
"You miss 100 per cent of the shots you don't take." – Wayne Gretzky.
6. Snoop around his house via Virtual Globetrotting. Let us know if he's by the pool.
7. Ask Gretzky a question, anything.
8. Tune into Gretzky's radio show. Live From Wayne Gretzky's is a 2-hours live, interactive radio from Wayne Gretzky's Restaurant in Toronto, according to his website.
9. Creep his Facebook page.
10. Pick up a book with the foreword written by the star "Hockey for Dummies" or check him out in the Celebrity Doll Museum.
Here are more birthday wishes from some famous hockey teams and randoms:
How will you be celebrating Wayne Gretzky's birthday?