Michael Bublé sets out to catch Vancouver riot troublemakers
Canadian crooner Michael Bublé wants justice for the Vancouver riots -- and he's willing to pay for it.
The singer has vowed to help finance efforts to arrest the criminals who caused damage to the city's downtown core last Wednesday.
"I was embarrassed, ashamed and angry, and the anger hasn't gone away," said Bublé to the Globe and Mail of last week's Stanley Cup riots.
Although the singer was not downtown during the mayhem, he was outraged that his grandmother, mother and other relatives were trapped inside the Queen Elizabeth theatre, amid burning cars and smashed windows.
And now Bublé is using his considerable funds -- he's the fifth highest-paid musicial act in the world -- to help police find the culprits.
"The actions of those in the crowd following the Stanley Cup Final have left all Vancouverites collectively hanging our heads in shame and embarrassment," said Bublé's ad message.
The 35-year-old Canadian pop singer and hockey fan hopes that all the bad hats get caught.
According to Spinner.com, Bublé launched a newspaper ad campaign encouraging anyone with info, pics and other evidence to come forward.
He has cash to give.
"Michael urges citizens in Van to contact Police with info to bring those involved with the #VancouverRiots to justice," said Bublé's Twitter account.
“We have to continue to circulate the faces and names of those guilty parties. Let’s get them lots of publicity so that the police can make some arrests — and so we can give them a very, very special round of applause.”
Bublé's full message (now on his site) will be printed in the Vancouver Sun and the Province this weekend.