I would like to inject a fresh dose of South Asian culture in the press to inspire and provide hope for the next generation of South Asian youth.
Below is a Top 15 list of my favourite South Asian role models (in alphabetical order). This list is designed to help educate and inform the wider public about some of the contributions South Asians have made around the world.
1. Aishwarya Rai - Bollywood actress and former Miss World
2. Deepak Chopra - Personality development and health author
3. Freddie Mercury - Lead singer of Queen
4. Frieda Pinto - Indian actress
5. Guru Nanak - Founder of Sikhism
6. Jay Sean - British singer
7. John Abraham - Bollywood actor
10. Norah Jones - Grammy award winning singer
11. Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Pakistani singer
12. Salman Rushdie - British author
13. Sanjay Gupta - CNN Senior Medical Correspondent
14. Siddhartha Gautama - Founder of Buddhism
15. Sir Ben Kingsley - British actor