- Your numerology cycles April 16–30
- Disney wildlife times two, a blast at American politics and...
- Your numerology cycles April 1–15
- More streaming ideas take you to Brazil, low-life China and...
- Movie theatres are shut down, so what’s streaming?
- Your numerology cycles March 16–31
- Three women lead off a long line-up of new movies in town
- Pixar’s new one, Onward, new laughs from Greed and a new...
- Your numerology cycles March 1–15
- Ordinary Love, superb, three superior Canadian films and...
Traffic was up Monday 321.55% primarily because Kathie Wallace's excellent story "Slavery Isn't Sexy: A Hard Look at the Underbelly of the Olympics" was posted on Reddit and has found its way at this writing to 24 on Reddit's top story list. This was a reflection of the fact that traffic had already surged on the Vancouver Observer, starting with What We Saw at the Opening Ceremonies of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics Games.
The morning after the opening ceremonies, the Vancouver Observer site shut down under the pressure of an initial Olympics traffic surge related to the opening ceremonies story. Fortunately, I was awake and working on another story at around 6 a.m. when the site went down and even though it was around such an ungodly hour, Dave Egan leapt to the task of getting the site back up. We upgraded to a plan that can handle much more traffic and by 8:30 a.m. were operating again.
Since then, traffic has been holding steady. Advertise now at our still low rates and take advantage of what our team is accomplishing in the city.
There's so much more to come. Stay tuned.