- Blasts from the past: Hoffa hires The Irishman, new-style...
- Your numerology cycles November 16–30
- Photos: Big Sugar sweetens up the Commodore
- Reviews of a Stephen King sequel, an old-style war movie...
- Arnie is back again, Antonio portrays his director and...
- Your numerology cycles November 1–15
- Bangarra: 65,000 year old avant garde
- Savoring three good ones: Parasite’s class consciousness,...
- Patriot Acts
- Differently abling the specially needy
Traffic was up Monday 321.55% primarily because Kathie Wallace's excellent story "Slavery Isn't Sexy: A Hard Look at the Underbelly of the Olympics" was posted on Reddit and has found its way at this writing to 24 on Reddit's top story list. This was a reflection of the fact that traffic had already surged on the Vancouver Observer, starting with What We Saw at the Opening Ceremonies of the Vancouver 2010 Olympics Games.
The morning after the opening ceremonies, the Vancouver Observer site shut down under the pressure of an initial Olympics traffic surge related to the opening ceremonies story. Fortunately, I was awake and working on another story at around 6 a.m. when the site went down and even though it was around such an ungodly hour, Dave Egan leapt to the task of getting the site back up. We upgraded to a plan that can handle much more traffic and by 8:30 a.m. were operating again.
Since then, traffic has been holding steady. Advertise now at our still low rates and take advantage of what our team is accomplishing in the city.
There's so much more to come. Stay tuned.