The Vancouver Police Department believes that compelling circumstances exist requiring the Department to warn the public that Denis Joseph Fabas poses a risk of significant harm to the safety of female children and young women in the City of Vancouver.
Fabas was released from federal prison on September 13, 2012, and has recently moved to the City of Vancouver.
While in custody, Fabas was assessed as a moderate to high risk for re-offend sexually and he was held until the expiry of his sentence. Fabas' criminal record began in 1977 and he has 11 adult convictions on his record. He is a first-time federal offender and had been serving a six-year sentence for a sex assault. Fabas completed his full sentence in custody and has entered into a Sec. 810.1 Peace Bond with several conditions.
Fabas is 56 years old, 5'2" tall, 139 lbs., bald, and has blue eyes. He has tattoos on his left forearm of a dragon, on his left upper arm of "Sex 10% off" and on his right forearm of a partial dragon.
Fabas must abide by the following conditions:
- Immediately advise probation officer of any close, intimate relationship with a female and to refrain from continuing with that relationship until the female is made aware of his criminal record
- Not to attend a public park, public swimming pool, daycare centre, school ground, playground or area where persons under the age of 16 years are present
- No contact with anyone under the age of 16
- Not to consume or possess alcohol or any controlled substances as listed in the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act
- Not to enter any establishment where alcohol is the primary commodity of sale
Anyone witnessing Denis Fabas in violation of any of these conditions is asked to contact their local police department immediately.