Vancouver woman dies from ecstasy overdose
A 22-year-old Vancouver woman died in an overdose due to a fatal reaction to what is believed to be ecstasy, police reported today.
Shortly after 6 a.m., the Vancouver Police received a call from the BC Ambulance Service advising that paramedics and firefighters with the Vancouver Fire and Rescue Service were at a residence in the 5500 block Larch Street. Crews were providing emergency treatment on a woman who was in medical distress.
The woman had taken the drug with a group of people, but others did not experience an adverse reaction.
Despite the efforts of emergency and medical personnel, the young woman later died in hospital.
This is the third death in as many weeks involving ecstasy in the Lower Mainland Vancouver Police warn those who use ecstasy to be aware of the inherent risks.
Anyone seeing someone appearing to be in medical distress is urged to call 9-1-1.