High-risk sex offender Shaun Joshua Deacon to reside in Vancouver
The Vancouver Police Department issued a public warning that repeat child sex offender Shaun Joshua Deacon is residing in the City of Vancouver.
Deacon is believed to pose a risk of significant harm to the safety of boys under the age of 16, according to a police press release.
Deacon has demonstrated a tendency to befriend mothers and coerce children that come under his control.
Deacon is a repeat sex offender with convictions for sexual assault, assault with use of force and fail to comply with a probation order. The Correctional Service of Canada has assessed Deacon as a high risk to re-offend sexually.
Deacon is 46 years old, white, 5’11” tall, 190 lbs., with brown hair and hazel eyes. He has one-inch scars on his left palm and his right bicep.
Deacon must abide by the following conditions:
- report any relationship with people who parent and/or provide guardianship to any child under the age of 16 to his parole supervisor
- no direct or indirect contact with any child under the age of 16
- not to own or possess a mobile communication device capable of connecting to the internet or a computer with access to the internet without prior approval
- not to possess images of children under the age of 16 years of age
- not to attend places where children under the age 16 are likely to be, including schools, daycare facilities and centres, playgrounds, amusement parks and arcades, municipal libraries and stores catering to the needs of children or parts of larger stores where children’s products are sold
- report all friendships and intimate relationships with women to parole supervisor
Anyone witnessing Deacon in violation of any of these conditions is asked to contact their local police department at 9-1-1.