- Two comedies about women at work and a stunning documentary...
- Renowned Tibetan monk Mingyur Rinpoche to speak in Vancouver
- Two giant sequels and several worthy smaller films reviewed
- Doing it like Elton John, looking for justice in Canada,...
- Your numerology cycles June 1–15
- Mission Control: "Ce qu'on attend de moi"
- Aladdin drops in again, the Booksmart girls wonder what...
- Photos: Elle King shakes up Vancouver
- Broaching a Bake-off w/o a recipe
- Violence and style from John Wick, bios of two history...
Public Drunkeness Posing Problem for Police at 2010 Vancouver Games
Vancouver Police are reporting unprecedented numbers of people in the downtown core Friday night and "significant" numbers of intoxicated people on the streets, many openly consuming liquor.
To manage the larger crowds, the Vancouver Police, with the support of Integrated Security Unit members, will be increasing the police presence in the downtown core in the days to come, a press release said this morning.
Police are encouraging people to enjoy the Olympic experience but do so responsibly and to leave the liquor at home.