- Local kid gets potty mouth in Good Boys, British teen is...
- Your numerology cycles August 16–31
- Women mobsters in The Kitchen, country ways in Honeyland...
- EMV's "original instrument" vocals
- Your numerology cycles August 1–15
- Big and dumb Hobbs & Shaw; smart Amateurs and a...
- Binge on baroque and beyond
- Panto pantsed for Adults Only
- ETC 2019: Songs of Innocence/Experience
- Tarantino’s Hollywood vision, one President who was stopped...
Canada's Olympic soccer bronze a triumph for BC
It's an important win for Canada since the team's heartbreaking 4-3 semifinal loss to the United States on Monday. Christine Sinclair, the team's star forward from Burnaby, BC, was one of the players who criticized the referee after the controversial loss, saying she felt her team had been "cheated". Her remarks, as well as those of coach John Herdman, caused FIFA to say it would consider disciplining Canada's team, but authorities later decided not to suspend any players.
The bronze medal will be a boost for Team Canada as it begins preparation for the upcoming 2015 FIFA Women's World Cup, which Canada is hosting.
BC Sport Minister Ida Chong commented:
"This medal means so much to all of Canada. I congratulate the Canadian women's soccer team for their incredible fortitude and perseverance. These passionate athletes have demonstrated the ability to train hard, stay focused and ultimately triumph. Well done!"