- Unstable Genii in Love => ∞
- Photos: Half Moon Run heats up Snowy Vancouver
- Bad Boys shoot again; Adam Sandler gets loud in Uncut Gems...
- 1917: a must-see, Just Mercy, a should-see, and Underwater...
- Eddas, Elegies & Epics, à la mode
- So many contenders for 2019's 10-best list, plus a...
- Your numerology cycles: What to expect in 2020
- 3 more films for the holiday season: Little Women, Song of...
- Three very good films arrive at the same time: Bombshell...
- Your numerology cycles December 16–31
Ski Jumpers Appeal to Supreme Court of Canada and Olympic Bus Tickets on Sale Soon: Today's Olympic Roundup
Ski Jumpers Appeal to Supreme Court of Canada:
Since the International Olympic Committee voted against including women's ski jumping in the games, a group of 13 female ski jumpers has appealed to the Supreme Court to overturn the decision. They believe the issue has become an infringement upon human rights, as IOC has overstepped its boundaries in ignoring the constitution of Canada.
Olympic Bus Tickets on Sale Soon:
Beginning Friday, December 4, individuals will be able to purchase roundtrip bus tickets to the Olympic venues at Whistler or Cypress Mountain. There will be no public parking at the events, and the prices ($28 to Whistler and $14 to Cypress) will double after January 11, 2010.
Inspired by Gridlock:
Jared Miller, a fourth-year music student at the University of British Columbia, was inspired by pre-Olympic construction around Vancouver to compose 2010 Traffic Jam, which will be performed December 5 and 7 by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra at the The Orpheum. The piece was composed as part of a program funded by the VSO to help budding composers.