Bad Romance: bracing for an un-romantic Valentine's Day
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and many lovebirds are getting their hopes up for roses, chocolates, exquisite dinners and a romantic evening with their partner.
But some partners just aren't cut out for the whole V-Day tradition. To avoid disappointment on February 14, here are some early warning signs that you aren't in for a very sexy Valentine's Day this year:
1. Your partner gets a deer-in-headlights look when asked about plans for Valentine's Day.
2. He (or she) calls you "dude" more often than "honey" or "darling".
3. Offers to treat you to dinner, takes you to Burger King or Freshslice.
4. Breaks food to share with you, consistently gives you the smaller half.
5. Starts to zone out if you mention "marriage" or "wedding plans".
6. Brings you gifts that looks suspiciously similar to something you saw at Dollar Mart or Daiso.
7. Requests for intimacy/cuddling met by eye-rolling and exasperated sighs.
9. Returns texts and emails at least 48 hours later.
10. Fiddles with iPad, flips through adults classified section while reluctantly watching romantic movie at home.