- Drop off your Christmas tree at a Lions Club neighbourhood chipping event.
- Have it picked up on your yard trimmings collection day.
- Drop it off (no charge) at the Vancouver South Transfer Station or Vancouver Landfil.
Please remove all tinsel, lights and decorations. And bring real trees only, please.
Lions Club tree chipping events will be held in four locations around the city on Saturday, January 7, or Sunday, January 8, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Kerrisdale Community Ice Rink parking lot
East Boulevard north of 41st Ave.
- Kitsilano Beach parking lot
Cornwall Ave. and Arbutus St.
- Sunset Beach upper parking lot
Beach Avenue and Broughton St.
- Rona Home & Garden, Grandview Store
2727 East 12th Ave. – overflow parking lot south of 12th Ave.
Bring your tree for chipping and help the Lions Club with donations of cash and non-perishable food items for local charities.
Yard trimming collection
Vancouverites who participate in City yard trimmings/food scraps collection can put their Christmas tree out before 7 a.m. on their regular yard trimmings collection day until January 31.
For details on yard trimmings disposal, call 3-1-1 or visit: vancouver.ca/yardtrimmings.
Transfer Station and Landfill
Residents can drop off trees for free until January 31 at the Vancouver South Transfer Station at 377 Kent Ave. North, or the Vancouver Landfill at 5400 72nd St. in Delta.