Olga Ilich to co-chair Mayor’s task force on housing affordability
Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson has announced today that Olga Ilich, a former provincial cabinet minister with "extensive" experience in the real estate department, will be co-chairing Mayor’s Task Force on Housing Affordability. Here's more from the press release sent to us by the City of Vancouver:
- Examining the conditions that exist in Vancouver that create unaffordable housing.
- Reviewing all City of Vancouver land and capital assets to identify opportunities for new affordable housing.
- Assessing risks and opportunities of existing City-owned housing assets.
- Reviewing innovations from other cities in financial and equity models that could facilitate affordable housing creation.
- Examining tax models, such as Tax Increment Equivalency Grants (TIEG), that could facilitate affordable housing development.
- Soliciting public and stakeholder input on meeting the affordable housing challenge.