Michele Bachmann's weirdest quotes
Republican congresswoman Michele Bachmann came out the winner of the Iowa straw poll, narrowly beating out Ron Paul.
Dubbed "Crazy eyes" for her unflattering Newsweek cover, Michele Bachmann has proven herself a serious presidential candidate with the Iowa victory. Still, she has an impressive collection of crazy quotes that make Canadian politicians' gaffes look innocent by comparison.
Check out our top 10 picks:
2. "If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level." (Jan. 2005)
4. "What I want them to know is just like, John Wayne was from Waterloo, Iowa. That's the kind of spirit that I have, too." (*note: Movie star John Wayne was born in Winterset, Iowa. The John Wayne to whom Bachmann mistakenly referred was a serial killer. June 2011.)
5. "I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?" -(Oct. 2008)
8. "Gay marriage is probably the biggest issue that will impact our state and our nation in the last, at least, thirty years. I am not understating that.” (March 2005)
9. "And what a bizarre time we’re in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can’t say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.” (March 2004)
10. "This really is the number one issue for our country right now, how are we going to deal with this threat of radical Islam.” (Sept.2006)