Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
Before taking your bike out for a spin, especially if you haven't gone out in a while, it's a good idea to clean it up, service it, and make sure you're safe. It also doesn't hurt to have a shiny bike that doesn't squeak when you go out on a ride with your friends. And you can do all this in the privacy of your own home.
What you will need
1. Lubricant for your chains
2. Dish soap or de-greasing solution
5. Small brush (toothbrush also works)
6. Large brush (toilet scrubber works as well)
7. A bucket or large container
8. Supply of water (garden hose)
1. An iPod or some music to keep you entertained
The process (a basic clean-up)
1. If your bike is making weird noises, your problem is most likely rooted in your chain and gears. An easy solution to this somewhat embarassing problem is to clean it up and relubricate it.