Chipwrecked: green ways to get rid of your Christmas tree
- Drop off your Christmas tree at a Lions Club neighbourhood chipping event.
- Have it picked up on your yard trimmings collection day.
- Drop it off (no charge) at the Vancouver South Transfer Station or Vancouver Landfil.
Lions Club tree chipping events will be held in four locations around the city on Saturday, January 7, or Sunday, January 8, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the following locations:
- Kerrisdale Community Ice Rink parking lot
East Boulevard north of 41st Ave.
- Kitsilano Beach parking lot
Cornwall Ave. and Arbutus St.
- Sunset Beach upper parking lot
Beach Avenue and Broughton St.
- Rona Home & Garden, Grandview Store
2727 East 12th Ave. – overflow parking lot south of 12th Ave.